Monday, January 17, 2011

Field Trip Friday! - 1/14/11

This particular Friday took us to the Washington Design Center and my partner in crime was Cheryl, who designs and fabricates window treatments.
We concentrated on finding a match for a fabric swatch Cheryl had, getting some inspiration for my next project and just seeing what was new. We went to some of our favorite fabric suppliers. You might call it fabric and trim, but I call it HEAVEN.

First stop was the Duralee/Highland Court showroom. I am a big fan. They have a pink and brown vignette and since I just redecorated my living room in pink and brown, there was lots of inspiration there.

Here is a Duralee fabric that I recently used in a client's kitchen and family room. Her goal was to brighten up the place and this certainly did it. Such an optimistic print!

The next stop was at Robert Allen/Beacon Hill. I use the term "stop" loosely, because that sounds like we "paused" in each showroom, when actually we wander around, look at everything, study, study, study, and then discuss the merits of what we see. It's exhausting, but someone has to do it. Robert Allen has a new collection from Dwell Studio - so good I can't even describe it. But I want it.

Here is a yummy trim from Robert Allen that I am about to use on a pillow in my bedroom. Ruffled stripe ribbon with brown beads. Happy.!

Our last stop was at Kravet/Lee Jofa. You could furnish an entire house from this showroom. Rugs, furniture, fabrics, trim, wallcovering. And every style imaginable. They have one whole room devoted to Ralph Lauren. (Love my Ralph).

Here's a chair in the showroom that was soooo comfortable. Here's the chair test. I sit in a chair (I am only 5 feet tall). Then some tall person (like Cheryl, 5'8") sits in the same chair and we know that if it is comfortable for both, it's a keeper. So this chair is not only cool looking, but felt great, too!

The wallcovering section of the showroom. You will want to wallpaper something. I swear.

I am getting ready to start a Cowboy room for a client. Look at the Kravet fabric we are using for some cornice boards. We'll be trimming them with some braided leather.


Here I am taking a much needed rest in the showroom.
All that inspiration made us hungry, so after Kravet, it was off to lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment