Friday, February 24, 2012

Is Curvy Better?


Sometimes, oftentimes, it is better to float your furniture in a room instead of lining it up against all the walls like a doctor's office. I know, sometimes you just don't have the space for that.
Here are some great looking pieces I found when I was researching a curved sofa. Floating a curved sofa is so much more interesting than a straight sofa. And think how much cozier and more "conversational" it looks.

Curvy AND with great legs! This sofa was shown in the Luna Bella showroom at High Point Market.

Curved settee from Schnadig.

From the Charles Ray showroom at High Point Market.

Also from Charles Ray.




These two small pictures are from the Lazar catalog.


And here is one of them in real life - a living room I did with a beautiful view.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Toni,
    I really like the curvy ones from Schnadig and Charles Ray. The ooval octagonal ottoman really is perfect in that spot. Great post.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous decor!

    15 hARVEY PRINCE AGELESS 50Ml PERFUMES GIVEAWAY - http://fashionistaera.blogspot.se/2012/04/15-harvey-prince-ageless-perfumes-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that first picture, Toni, and also the living room you did (last picture). I had considered a small curved sofa for our living room -- I don't like furniture lined against the walls either. At the time though, I couldn't find one that was small enough that I liked. They look so good with a round coffee table, which is what I have... so I ended up with the sofa against the wall. :)

    ReplyDelete