Friday, January 29, 2010

Field Trip Friday!



I headed west today for Field Trip Friday. FTF is when I go looking for a new design resource, a new experience, a new restaurant or whatever after I have finished my work for the day. I found the most lovely antiquey store today called Bella Villa in Aldie, VA. It is right on Rt. 50 before Middleburg. The shop is full of antiques, furniture, chandeliers, wall sconces, pictures and right now, holiday decorations at deep discounts. It goes on and on in room after room.
SHE SHOOTS, SHE SCORES!!
When I last visited Bella Villa, they were in a smaller location across the street and down the block. I happened to find a large beautiful silver tray that I had been on the hunt for for a couple years.I had to dig it out from under a table. Alas, it had a "hold" sign on it. Truly a sad moment. So, being a girl who likes a good dig, I was at it again today and there under another table was what looked like a similar tray. I turned it over and there was the "hold" sign again. I held it up and asked Rosanna, the woman behind the register, "Is this tray really on hold? Because I think it was on hold 4 months ago!" She said that no, it was probably just never picked up. So the tray is now mine. See, it pays to ask - and to keep digging.
One other wierd thing that happened at Bella Villa. Check out the photo: there were some large metal letters for sale sort of tossed under a table. You could hang them on the wall or use one initial as a paperweight. Anyway, look at what they spell. I couldn't believe it! I made everyone who was standing around take a look. There is an extra letter "I" there but take it away and it says "Toni K". That's me!! I guess I was really meant to shop in Aldie and find my tray. Great Field Trip Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment