Thursday, April 19, 2012

Gilding the Lily


There's nothing like attending a conference for Design Bloggers to make you suddenly stop posting. No, that's not it. I did attend the conference in L.A. in late February, but the real issue is my misbehaving internet connection. I cannot figure it out but it has been off more than it has been on. Oh well.
It has been an incredibly busy few weeks, design wise, around here. I have so many projects I have been working on. There is lots to show you.
I named this post "Gilding the Lily" because I tend to like to pile it all on when it comes to design, particularly with window treatments. Here is an example and truly it is not that over the top, but it is a good example of taking a fairly simple design and making it that much more interesting with the addition of some great details.
We started with a simple board mounted pendant valance. It is the exact copy of a valance I did for this client 10 years ago! She still had fabric leftover from the previous project, and it happened to match her kitchen chairs. She has moved to a new home, hence the new valances. We chose to trim them with a fabulous, full, tassel fringe. At the top of the boards we used a covered button, but made it even more eye-catching with the addition of the accents that surround the buttons. These are SOOOO pretty. They come in a couple of finishes and are relatively inexpensive. I could think of a million more ways to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment