Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dream vs. Reality

Would you believe that I have been trying, FOR OVER A MONTH, (sorry, was that too loud?) to add another blog post. Actually, I was trying to add a picture and Blogger was misbehaving badly. I just checked and it appears to be fixed now but I was all ready to write a post that was words only, so here goes.
I have noticed something funny recently that maybe you already took note of. But I tend to romanticize people, places and events so it was a lesson I had to learn by living it and observing it.
If you have been reading this blog you know that I have recently moved into my dream house. I, of course, had a romantic notion of how the space would be, and how we would live in it. I have a great big, happy life by anyone's standards but I noticed that no matter how beautiful, elegant, stylish, spacious, (insert your own adjective) or fabulous your home is, the following is still going to occur:

You still make your own breakfast.
There are still breakfast dishes in the sink when you make dinner.
Sometimes, even if you love to cook and even if you have a fabulous new kitchen with a top of the line stove, you just don't feel like making dinner.
More bathrooms means more toilets to clean.
Light bulbs need changing.
Bigger closets don't mean you still don't leave your clothes on the floor, sometimes.
You still have to get up and go to work every day. When the alarm goes off at 6:00am it isn't easier to get up.
There is still lots of vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, scrubbing, tidying and organizing to do.
The garden hasn't suddenly decided to weed itself.
Things still break.
Things still leak. (make that twice for my bedroom ceiling!)

Still, I love it here.
Now, I've gotta go empty the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment