Thursday, March 28, 2013

Another DIY

Actually, this is a DI-MY as in Do It Myself.

One of the basement bathrooms in my new house came wallpapered in what I described as faux leather squares. It wasn't offensive or anything and it's masculine style is well suited for it's location next to the bar.

But I had a idea to make it a little more custom.


I bought inexpensive upholstery nailheads in a copper color. Copper seemed appropriate for the color of the wallpaper, and the ceiling outside the bathroom is a copper colored tin.
At the interesections of every 4 squares I pushed in a nailhead. You read that right - I pushed it in. They went in easily with just a little thumb pressure. I only used my hammer on a few near the ceiling.

The effect is really lovely. Subtle, yet interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment