Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Spectacular Monday

Just when I think I can't get any luckier, I do.
In spite of really good intentions to get a little work done on Labor Day, we decided to take advantage of the most beautiful of days and head to a place we'd never been. How we have missed The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards, I'll never know.  It was 7 minutes from our town of Leesburg, Virginia -- 7 MINUTES!!!
There are many many wineries in our general vicinity and some have a beautiful setting, while others make some pretty good wine.  This place had BOTH!

It was absolutely necessary that we sit outside. There was an excellent musician, Todd Brooks, playing. The view looking the other way was just as lovely.

The inside tasting room was perfect if you like a rustic old barn - and I do.  Wouldn't this be a divine place for a wedding reception? I can imagine at night with a fire in that fireplace and those twinkling lights, that there is no place cozier to share a glass or two.

Near the end of his set, Todd Brooks sang "Can't You See" by Marshall Tucker, one of my Top Ten. That's it! I was done!
 
For more information and to see more pictures of The Barns at Hamilton Station Vineyards, click here
 

No comments:

Post a Comment