Monday, February 3, 2014

100 Windows - #1

I just realized how many pictures I have of different window treatments, which is to be expected since I an interior designer specializing in window treatments.  Twenty five years in the business means I have covered a LOT of windows and keep hundreds of ideas on file. So I thought I'd share a few.
This is one of my favorite styles, so much so that I used it in my previous master bedroom, only I used gold colored silk and trimmed the swag in crystal beads (and hung an antique chandelier crystal from the double cascade!)
Here, I used a pewter colored silk and lined the double cascade in an off-white silk. The finials were a blown glass encased in a metal birdcage style. (sad note: this finial was discontinued a while ago).
This treatment is actually constructed of three pieces: the rod pocket panel, the open swag, and the double cascade. The second two parts can be stapled or velcroed to the wood rod.

The beauty of this treatment is that it can be used in pairs to create symmetry. Note how it draws your eye up and not only frames the view of the furniture below, but also points toward the artwork between the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment