Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentinis



Well, the snow has done more than enough to derail my Field Trip Fridays! Last week, we weren't quite plowed out, so I stayed put and got ready for a little Valentine party I was putting together. I was looking for some kind of martini to make. I remembered that my friend Greg had served me a delicious "Flirtini" once at his restaurant Yellowfin in Cheshire, CT. So I did a little search of Flirtini (found several variations), doctored it up a bit and it was a big hit. Be careful with this one! It made shy people extremely talkative and maybe even the blind man see.
Valentinis - - -
1 1/2 oz. lemon flavored vodka
1/2 oz. orange flavored liqueur
1 oz. cranberry juice
1 oz. pineapple juice
1/2 tsp. sugar
Shake it up in a cocktail shaker with some ice. Strain into a martini glass. Top with a splash of champagne and start TALKIN'!!
Of course, to make it for a crowd, I changed the ounces to cups!
Remember, do not even THINK about drinking and driving!! And you better be 21 if you are making this.

No comments:

Post a Comment