Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Pink Room



I wish I could give credit to whomever photographed, published or designed this space. It has been floating around in my idea file for quite awhile. I love everything about this; the pink walls, the lamps, the moss filled container, but mostly I love the wall treatment. It looks like twill tape and upholstery tacks. Seems like it would be easy enough to do if you had miles of twill tape and were pretty good at math. (sigh) It's interesting how the design changes down near the floor, almost like it had to be done that way.
The second picture is a variation on the twill & tack idea, only this time using ribbon. I saw this last year in a powder room at Homearama. It looks much easier to do yourself, but those bows would take awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment