Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just a Taste




Apparently, I am a deadline kind of girl. I get a whole lot more done when I'm under the gun. Two weeks ago I was offered the challenge to decorate one of the kitchen vignettes at a local cabinet showroom, Kleppinger Design Group in Fairfax, VA. They were going to invite the public to an open house. Now, I don't know about you, but I barely have time to get my own holiday decorating done, much less someone else's. But this was fun! I chose a vignette with black cabinetry just to see what I could do with it. I didn't have to choose a theme but I did, just for myself, to keep me on track. My theme was "The Humble and the Holy" which I thought was pretty appropriate for Christmas, which is the holiday I chose (so did everyone else, but Bonnie, who did Thanksgiving). A lot of designers use the term "High/Low" to mean they are using the plain with the fancy. I have always called it "The Humble and the Holy". Humble would be the rough linen napkins, or the rustic tree wrapped in burlap. Holy would be the $150/yard silk I used for the table runner.
OK so my camera misbehaved and I only have a couple of pictures today to tempt you. I will take more when I go back to clean it up. Plus, a professional photographer was going to photograph it yesterday. His shots will definitely put mine to shame anyway. Here's a taste of the beautiful (though MAD looking!) cherub I used, plus some of the treats at the reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment