Sunday, April 10, 2011

French Chateau Kitchen


I realize I have two "French" posts in a row, but when I was going through some old pictures in my file, I found this one. It is just so.....interesting. I have no idea where I got it, but I had to share it.
I love the idea of taking a room into Fantasyland. I love the chalkboards on the ends of the cabinets and wouldn't be surprised if one of them was actually a door front. Instead of a crown molding on the top, they added a ROOFLINE! So theatrical! Who says you have to have things designed just like everyone else? Speaking of the molding, my neighbor has a 7" stainless steel band up there - in her very contemporary kitchen. She didn't change her white cabinets during a remodel, she just took the crown molding off and added the band (or her contractor did!)
If you take away the "roof", the decorative painting and the chalkboards, this is a pretty typical kitchen.
Wouldn't you love to have a party in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment