Sunday, February 5, 2012

Babycakes


I got it for Christmas. It sat in the box for a month. And once I started using it, there was no stopping me.

For friends coming over on Friday I made Apple Cider Donut holes. Those are in the forefront of the picture, under the dome. On Saturday morning, I made French Breakfast Puffs on the green plate in the background. I favored Saturday's version - so much denser and better taste. I think the apple cider gave the donut holes just a little too much kick, although the texture was really light and fluffy.

I had made Cake Pops about a week ago for a party. You call them Cake Pops, but we called them Cake Balls because, face it, that's more fun to say.
The machine comes with recipes which I am working my way through. These are really easy to do.
You just fill the little reservoirs with batter (I use a melon ball scoop)close the lid and cook them for 5-6 minutes.
To buy your very own Babycakes maker,click here ! But don't wait a month to use it once you get it.
Beware! Very addictive! To make AND to eat!

2 comments:

  1. Those all look great, Toni, and I would have tried those recipes too! Interesting that the French Breakfast Puffs were denser than the donut holes, which were light and fluffy... Now that I know about this gadget (and know which maker to get -- I think the "balls" are so cute!), I hope to get one and make some soon -- maybe Valentines Day! Perfect little size desserts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, of all people will love it! Try the Red Velvet cake balls. I haven't made them yet.

      Delete